Celemi Decision Base
Prepare Your Future Leaders
“I better understand my personal impact on financial results and hope to find ways to make things better… I hope everyone takes this. It’s good material for developing increased understanding of financial terms and interactions in the business environment. I learned the importance of adapting to market changes… and the need for different functions to work towards the same overall strategy.”
Participant, Hewlett Packard
Each team will set out their own strategy, and the outcome will depend on this strategy, the execution of the strategy, and the (unforeseen) events in the market, among clients and competitors. It is the ideal simulation to bring cross-functional management teams closer together and develop professionals with functional expertise to take a wider view.
Step By Step
- Take over a company – and learn how to run the business.
- Grow with scarce resources – and will have to choose the road to success, and secure the means to follow it.
- Battle for positions – use resources where they will be most efficient and focus on efficiency and productivity.
- Improve profitability: They will learn how to secure profitability, not only long-term, but also short-term.
Teams are challenged to analyze – market shifts, threats, & opportunities, strategize – practice strategic decision-making and financial planning as well as develop a business plan. They will get to execute by transforming strategic decisions to operational actions, and manage cash flow. Also, they will get the chance to test their leadership skills all the while collaborating across functions. They will experience team dynamics. Finally, participants will have to navigate to success by discovering business drivers, adapting to changes in the market, mastering the competitive forces as well as create long term value.
Participants Will Face a Number of Tough Decisions:
- Invest now…or later? Pursue all markets…or just a few
- Take the lead… or be an early follower?
- Build efficient assembly lines…or flexible flow shops?
- Stick to the basics…or pursue the cutting edge?
Key Concepts Covered
- Market share and competition
- Profitability – EBIT, EBITDA
- Return on capital employed
- Cash flow
- Working capital
- Cost of capital
- Return on investments in markets, products and production
- EVA™ – Economic Value Added (optional)
- CVA™ – Cash flow Value Added (optional)
- NPV – Net Present Value (optional)
- ABC – Activity-Based Costing (optional)
- Problem- Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Investment planning
- Financial planning
- Organizational Alignment
- Strategy Execution
Decision Base Clients