WHAT IS GOOD STRATEGIC PLANNING?
Strategic planning is an activity used to:
- Set goals
- Establish priorities
- Align allocation of resources
- Strengthen operations
- Plan organizational growth
- Prepare for outside forces and opportunities
Done correctly it is a disciplined effort conducted on a phased and continual basis.
WHAT ARE THE STEPS IN STRATEGIC PLANNING?
There are many different systems for conducting strategic planning and development. While there is no ONE way to conduct a strategic plan we customize our approach with each client. We look at each area within an organization and determine the necessary needs which includes the following:
- Analysis of market, employee depth, delivery capabilities, competition
- Growth processes
- Understanding internal and external environments
- Strategy execution
- An ongoing continual analysis
WHAT IS IN A STRATEGIC PLAN?
The plan lays out the goals and the tasks needed to be completed to reach the strategic goals. It is NOT a business plan. Depending on what was done in the strategic planning phase the plan document can incorporate:
- Delivery capabilities
- Market availability and forces
- Employee depth and succession planning
- Competitive intelligence
- Growth planning